Robo-Tank 3.0 for reef-pi

What form factor do you prefer for a controller?

• All-in-one

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Modular

Votes: 7 58.3%

• Total voters

Sral

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was not sure what thread to post in, I added a non-contact water sensor, and I am trying to set it up to alert when my Kalk container is low. Not sure what I am missing.
If I'm not mistaken that's sadly not realy a thing, currently. The only module that I know can handle Inlets right now, is the ATO module. You could therefore try working around it and make an ATO that does either:
- trigger a macro in "One Shot" fashion that sends you an alert
---> (not sure if that alert is a possibility for macros)
- or use the "alert on x seconds of continuous use" feature of ATOs
----> if your container is empty, it will probably stay so for a few minutes for this condition to register ^^

Cheesus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I'm not mistaken that's sadly not realy a thing, currently. The only module that I know can handle Inlets right now, is the ATO module. You could therefore try working around it and make an ATO that does either:
- trigger a macro in "One Shot" fashion that sends you an alert
---> (not sure if that alert is a possibility for macros)
- or use the "alert on x seconds of continuous use" feature of ATOs
----> if your container is empty, it will probably stay so for a few minutes for this condition to register ^^
Thanks for the reply!

I was not sure what the One Shot function did. You can trigger an alert from macros though.
I will try that combo and see if I can get it to work.

Sral

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the reply!

I was not sure what the One Shot function did. You can trigger an alert from macros though.
I will try that combo and see if I can get it to work.
You’re very welcome, I hope you can get it to work !

The „One Shot“ seemed to do exactly as one might expect during some of my tests. It only triggers the action once after the sensor triggers, not every time, if the signal stays that way during consecutive measurements.

Not quite sure though if you will have to reset the ATO (possibly including the „One shot“-option) after refill for this to work again.

Cheesus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

The „One Shot“ seemed to do exactly as one might expect during some of my tests. It only triggers the action once after the sensor triggers, not every time, if the signal stays that way during consecutive measurements.

Not quite sure though if you will have to reset the ATO (possibly including the „One shot“-option) after refill for this to work again.
I got it figured out! The macro sends the email, and the one shot turns it off so I don’t get blasted with emails. I do have to reset it but, that’s okay because I have to replace kalk at that time anyways.

Cheesus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Hey Sral, have you had any issues calibrating a PH probe? The button is there and the probe reads data, but I cant click the button. Super weird. I have reloaded and rebooted.

OP
OP
robsworld78

robsworld78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Sral, have you had any issues calibrating a PH probe? The button is there and the probe reads data, but I cant click the button. Super weird. I have reloaded and rebooted.
To enable the calibration button first you need to expand the pH on the pH tab and disable it. Then you'll be able to calibrate and after re-enable the pH.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 49 34.8%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 30 21.3%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 7.8%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.1%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.5%
Back