Rob's 150g build

  • Thread starter Thread starter betelgeuse
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

betelgeuse

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 29, 2014
Messages
170
Reaction score
30
Location
North Branford CT
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone... Just wanted to introduce myself and post a couple pics of my tank... I'm new to salt, this is my 1st salt tank after more than 30 years of fresh (currently have 4 fresh tanks going with active breeding african cichlids... So if you ever want a couple free kenyi feel free to pm me) started this build over the summer with a 150g tank I found on Craigslist for $20... Built a stand... Ran electrical... And built a pvc overflow to a 55 gallon sump that I built out of spare aquarium parts I had lying around my house... With 2 young kids I am trying to keep everything as cheap as possible (also to keep my wife happy too)... Right now the tank has 2 clowns, 2 chromis, 1 royal gramma, 1 diamond watchman goby, 1 lawnmower blenny, 1 yellow tang, 1 kole tang, 1 vlamingii tang... Mostly soft coral with a couple lps... Thanks
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1417957092.251949.jpg
 
Funny how you can never tell how big a rock pile is until a little tiny yellow tang swims up for size comparison. Wow lol nice
 
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1457807948.670008.jpg
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1457807976.796326.jpg
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1457807990.315641.jpg
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1457807997.789036.jpg
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1457808014.933680.jpg
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1457808028.781324.jpg
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1457808036.784676.jpg
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1457808044.323351.jpg

So I'm procrastinating on some work I have to do and figured I post some tank pics as its been almost 2 years since I posted photos. Pretty big difference.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new