Rock Anemone babies!

Reef Nutrition

We Feed Your Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I feed yours actually. I feed quite a lot of it having several systems, mixed with the other foods mentioned above. I feed adults fauna marin LPS pellets along with the others so we're feeding very similar foods.

I would love to be able to propagate them! Thanks for sharing and I'm glad we are using similar food variety.

Jeff.:P:.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tend to stress my wife does that count?

This case was most definitely stress related since she was already carrying. ive found though that when the temp swings low on my tank, once it moves back to optimal-thats when a spawning event occurs with the males. I havent noticed any correlation with females yet.

domination2580

Reef-a-nator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you want to sell one...let me know. I have one but want one more to see what I can do to get some babies going....:)

tweeter

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the trick to keeping rock news? I've tried three, and they just dissapear, never to be seen again. I keep SPS, and LPS, successfully, but not those. :(

OP
OP
AcroNem

AcroNem

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is your system too "clean" as in particulate food availability? They love to eat and as we've discussed there's a pretty good correlation between food and success, as is the same with most corals. They love to eat, so if you don't target feed I'd say start with that. Or too much flow, or light. I keep mine in pretty dim light and low flow.

ahiggins

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats extremely surprising....
Mine are in a tank that fluctuates temps like theres no tomorrow. It just makes them breed! haha
I agree with acronem, they need nutrients and feeding. I feed mine 2-3 times a week sometimes.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Very cool! Keep us updated and of course....more photos!

tweeter

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is your system too "clean" as in particulate food availability? They love to eat and as we've discussed there's a pretty good correlation between food and success, as is the same with most corals. They love to eat, so if you don't target feed I'd say start with that. Or too much flow, or light. I keep mine in pretty dim light and low flow.
I tried two times, and both times I only had them about two weeks when they dissapeared. Both times I had them at the bottom of the tank. On the second try, i tried the other side of the tank that had lower flow, and lower light. I didn't target feed, but do feed things like cyclopeez, and coral food, mysis...I'm baffled. I would like to try again, but kinda scared to.

OP
OP
AcroNem

AcroNem

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
UPDATE: Day 3

-Adults are a little pale after shipping but are turning out great, eating well.
20170119_163339.jpg

-Offspring have a lot larger tentacles, and are much farther extended, although more have dug farther into the sand. Still no color yet we'll see when that develops. I found more in with the adults which puts the count over 60 but no exact number as I'm sure I can't see some. Easier to count from the top but better to see from the side.
20170119_164925(0).jpg

ahiggins

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They won't color up for a while. Mine were about 2 mm before I saw their fluorescing color.

OP
OP
AcroNem

AcroNem

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Observed a feeding response from the offspring tonight, mixed phytoplankton and oyster eggs and saw polyps closing only at the top not contracting which is evidence of them feeding. Same response as adults just smaller.

This system is smaller 48x12x12 so I mixed the regular tablespoon of reef nutrition phytoplankton with about a half cube of h20 foods frozen oyster eggs (out of the reef nutrition kind) and with a pipette slowly sprayed half of it into the glass of young then just broadcast feed to the rest of the tank.

I'll keep updating here.

ahiggins

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got nothing but time, although I am curious as to which colors they came from.
Its been proven that coloration is random. So if you have a red female and a red male, its possible to get yellow babies.
You can really only ID sex based on which are spawning so you have to catch them in the act.
Heres the first time I caught mine:

They almost always spawn at 11pm for me lol since then, I found two other males of my 6.

ahiggins

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol I didnt know they made actual magazines...thought it was an online publication. brb, going to sign up haha

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

• I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 98 81.0%
  • Other.

Back