tailoftwogobies

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi y’all! looked in our tank about 2 hours after a reef roids dosing & feeding and noticed 3 of the 6 rock flower anemone’s are swollen up & oozing an almost spit looking substance from their mouths.. usually the mouth area swells after reef roids or AB+ dosing but we’ve never seen this spit type of ooze coming out of them and seeping around the water column of the tank.. has anyone ever seen this or heard of it happening? i’ve seen the dark goo come out of our meat coral before but this literally looks like saliva, it’s clear. my only thought is that they are pooping LOL or mating.. one of the flowers has an almost constant flow of ooze seeping out..
12DDE4EE-9365-4A5F-8CE6-B38CC04BB60C.jpeg
please help! 615B3293-B5FE-436C-ADBF-7CCD72FCDE7B.jpeg

OP
OP
tailoftwogobies

tailoftwogobies

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long have you had the nemmie. Could be acclimating or doing a water change
we’ve always fed them and done the roids just a tiny dose near them, had them all around 6-8 months.. never seen this behavior happen. the swelling has gone down & no more oozing.. but i want to make sure that there wasn’t something wrong. they are all gorgeous and healthy! all have doubled in size in the time since we got them, so so healthy and happy wanted to make sure there wasn’t a coral warfare thing happening.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 40 34.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 25 21.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.7%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 26.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.4%
Back