Rock anemone sudden death

  • Thread starter Thread starter nkyreef
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

nkyreef

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
May 10, 2017
Messages
595
Reaction score
550
Location
Northern KY/Cincinnati
What state or country do you live in
Kentucky
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
My reef tank has been running since January this year. Around April I added a beautiful orange Rock Nem. It was slightly larger than a quarter when I introduced him and he never grew much bigger while in my bare bottom tank. It was always on the move but never showed any signs of distress. Occasionally I would drop a piece of mysis and it would gobble it up.

I had some green star polyps that I needed to control so I sought advice and ultimately decided to cover it with epoxy (TLF Aquastik). I used about 5 inches of the tube and really covered a huge spread of them. It was about 5 days later when I noticed the rock nem looking bad. I removed him, used Seachem Reef Dip, and quarantined but it still died.

I believe using that much epoxy had some effect on the death. I did not notice any other effects on my shrimp, snails, or coral. Would appreciate any comments, suggestions, or know if anything similar has happened to them. Thanks.
 
ive used a tube of the equivalent more then once and never had an issue. I suspect it's something else going on.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new