Rock Epoxy that can be used wet?

kkgaskin90

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 75g tank that was originally set up with PVC "tunnels". I want to get rid of them and better secure the rock scape. I have corals attached to the rocks that need securing, so is there an epoxy that I can use while the rock is wet? And if so, can someone tell me exactly what it is and where to find it? Thank you!!!

redfishbluefish

Stay Positive, Stay Productive
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you want more of a putty consistency, try Oatey Fit It 0r Rectorseal Epoxy Putty....both available at HD. What you do is cut off a piece of what you need, and then knead it back and forth between your fingers to mix the inner and outer portions. What I do is then form a ball and put in on the rock (underwater) and then put the coral into the ball and smooth everything out. You can do the same for rock to rock.

shopping

shopping

The Oatey product is a better deal at my HD.

kschweer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any of the above listed products will work. If using to attach corals to the rocks put a dab of superglue gel on the coral and the bottom of the ball of epoxy. It will help hold things in place until the epoxy fully sets.

RareEarthCorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpg
Tunze Coral Gum Instant can be kneaded underwater, doesnt make your skimmer go crazy, doesnt foul your water, and it cures quickly versus other two part epoxy. Only downside is the expense $50 for 400g but it is the best stuff Ive run across.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.5%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 34.4%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 69 33.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back