Rock Flower Anemone Breeding System

Monkeytank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm glad I found this thread. I've got 9 in plastic container sitting down on the bottom of my shallow reef tank which is about 17 inches deep by almost five feet long. I have had them together for over 6 months and haven't seen any babies or spawning at all yet. I have been feeding Benepets and ReefRoids misxed kind of thick every week. I think I'll try mysis. They are mostly about an inch in diameter.

reef lover

It's a reef thing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Should be fine they dont really have a planktonic state. They come out whole and settle near the mamas.

AC1211

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

OP
OP
AcroNem

AcroNem

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Time to revive this thread. Believe it or not I've had this system just running all this time. Lights on ghost feeding every now and then and some macroalgae. But it's time to actually get this going now that life is normal again.

Mine spawned 2 nights ago. I run a UV on the display so hopefully I get some babies!

How many do you have? What you see is sperm during that spawn, if females are nearby they will capture and brood before releasing offspring in a couple/few months. They are a couple millimeters when released.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back