Rock Flower Anemone Spawned! I Could Use Some Advice!

CrazyDuck959

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 26, 2022
Messages
209
Reaction score
116
Location
Fairfax
What state or country do you live in
Virginia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone!

So I just noticed after doing some tank maintenance today that one of my rock flower anemones spawned! Now from from doing a quick search online it seems like this is not the most common thing to happen. So I have come here to seek some advice on how to ensure the survival of all the baby RFA's. So I have gone ahead and collected all the babies that were attached to my aragonite substrate and stuck them in a little 3/4 inch tall plastic cup where they are out and open. Now those I would say are all safe for now from my clean up crew, but I also have a large majority of them attached to the rock right underneath one of my rock flower anemones which I cant really do anything about them. So I'm just wondering if any of you have advice on anything I should do to keep them alive and well, as well as making sure that they are safe from the inhabitants in my tank! Also please let me if I should do anything different, as I have no clue what I am doing here!

Thanks in advance!
- Sam

(If anybody would like pictures please let me know!)
 
Don’t change a thing . I would test your parameters and what ever they are just maintain them as they usually won’t spawn if conditions are not to their liking. You have a winning recipe for your overall tank parameters and ingredients . Good job !! . If you wouldn’t mind posting the parameters as it would be interesting along with type of light and light schedule your running . What else is in the tank with it and what and how you feed . Congrats :cool:
 
Just seeing this, I target feed da babies, has improved from 1-2 living to 10 or so. I hope it’s going well!?
 
I thought most people left them with the parent until they grow a bit.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 4.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new