Rock Flower Anemone stinging Bi-color Blenny?

Kamden Uelton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello so a little about me is that i'm 14 and I have a mixed 30g reef tank,

anyway I was playing a game on my computer and glanced at my tank and noticed my Bi-Color blenny lying on the sand with part of its tail on the anemone. I took the blenny out and put him in a cup and he died minutes later. I thought Rock Flowers weren't supposed to be aggressive or eat fish, has anyone else had this problem??

GHsaltie

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see a spot or two on my black combtooth blenny occasionally from my rock flowers, mostly because he sleeps right next to one. However I find it unlikely that I kill the fish. How long have you had the fish, was he quarantined and had you noticed any odd behaviors from him such as heavy breathing, lethargy, flashing/scratching, swimming into the flow of a powerhead? Do you have any other fish in there? How long have you had them, were they quarantined, and have you noticed any of the behaviors mentioned above?

OP
OP
Kamden Uelton

Kamden Uelton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see a spot or two on my black combtooth blenny occasionally from my rock flowers, mostly because he sleeps right next to one. However I find it unlikely that I kill the fish. How long have you had the fish, was he quarantined and had you noticed any odd behaviors from him such as heavy breathing, lethargy, flashing/scratching, swimming into the flow of a powerhead? Do you have any other fish in there? How long have you had them, were they quarantined, and have you noticed any of the behaviors mentioned above?

I've had the Bi-Color for about 2 years now, He was quarantined for a month along with a Mimic Filefish, Hectors Goby, and Bluestripe Pipefish. All 3 fish were in a hypo-salinity treatment for 1 month. My blenny has been acting normal it's just depressing that one of my 2 year old fish died. The anemones are fed 3 times a day Fauna Marin LPS food and LRS Coral Frenzy.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 17 29.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 34.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 27.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 4 6.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.7%
Back