Rock Flower might be starting to bounce?

GrumpyAlison

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 11, 2019
Messages
139
Reaction score
140
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a common rock flower anemone a while back (I love their texture - they remind me of a crochet afghan) but it seems like it's starting to get some little bouncy bits on it. They've been getting progressively more pronounced over the last month or so.

bounce rock flower.jpg


Anyone else have rock flowers that are doing this? I'd love to see pics!

And a side question - anyone know if a rock flower than ran behind a rock for 2 months and got super tiny/pitiful looking will ever regain it's original colors? The little dude to the right of the big one used to have a white center (not the bleached white, like white pinstripe white without the striping) and highlighter pink tentacles that were really awesome. Hoping he comes back to me in all his glory one day.
 
Nice nem! :)

It is possible for them to heal some when they bleach, but I wouldn't expect it to look "normal" for a good while.
 
I had an RFA crawl into the rock work and be lost for a year. A few months ago I spotted it on the back of the tank in an area I could get to it. It was small and shriveled. I rescued it and put it back on the rock work in the light. It is now larger than a halfdollar with full coloration.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 8 34.8%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 12 52.2%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 30.4%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new