Rock has something on it. Is this algae?

msayeka

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 4, 2023
Messages
12
Reaction score
1
Location
Lawrenceville
What state or country do you live in
Georgia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I got a anemone that came with a rock it was attached on. The anemone moved from the rock and when I took at closer look at the rock it looks very strange. Is this some type of algae? It looks like it had tentacles growing from it and some other weird patterns. Please see pictures below and help me identify. Thanks!

20231215_101802.jpg 20231215_101830.jpg 20231215_101840.jpg 20231215_101845.jpg 20231215_101859.jpg 20231215_101904.jpg 20231215_101917.jpg 20231215_101940.jpg 20231215_101959.jpg 20231215_102019.jpg 20231215_102025.jpg 20231215_102035.jpg 20231215_102039.jpg 20231215_102043.jpg
 
It's just normal rock algae that is in every tank as the rocks mature. It's not an issue and signs that the tank is moving along in the right direction.
 
I am seeing tube/fan/feather duster worms (white tubes), which are harmless filter-feeders, and vermetid worm snails (translucent, brown tubes with twisted bases), which are pests that can be eliminated by gluing their openings shut or removing the base of the tube.
 
I am seeing tube/fan/feather duster worms (white tubes), which are harmless filter-feeders, and vermetid worm snails (translucent, brown tubes with twisted bases), which are pests that can be eliminated by gluing their openings shut or removing the base of the tube.
Same here. I would recommend removing the vermetid snails as well. They can spread rather quickly and pester corals.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new