ROCK POOL REEF KEEPERS GROUP

OP
OP
Nano_Man

Nano_Man

Anemone L
View Badges
Reaction score
Awe the fish and crab are cute! Is that a type of blenny?
Yes you’re correct it is a blenny they are very common and if you put them in a aquarium they hide for the first couple of days and don’t eat after that the will great you every morning for food and they are really cute . The other native fish I love ie a gunnel fish some people call them butter fish theyy are very shy and take a couple of weeks to settle in they look abit like a eel but the don’t eat there tank mates
IMG_2055.jpeg
IMG_2059.jpeg

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Yes you’re correct it is a blenny they are very common and if you put them in a aquarium they hide for the first couple of days and don’t eat after that the will great you every morning for food and they are really cute . The other native fish I love ie a gunnel fish some people call them butter fish theyy are very shy and take a couple of weeks to settle in they look abit like a eel but the don’t eat there tank mates
IMG_2055.jpeg
IMG_2059.jpeg
That blenny is so cute! Whats the name of it? That other fish kinda looks like a dottyback!

OP
OP
Nano_Man

Nano_Man

Anemone L
View Badges
Reaction score
That blenny is so cute! Whats the name of it? That other fish kinda looks like a dottyback!
In most books they are called common blenny
Ii have three at the moment and they are super friendly and very much in your face when you go near the tank they’re very greedy
IMG_0427.jpeg
IMG_0428.jpeg
IMG_2204.jpeg

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
In most books they are called common blenny
Ii have three at the moment and they are super friendly and very much in your face when you go near the tank they’re very greedy
IMG_0427.jpeg
IMG_0428.jpeg
IMG_2204.jpeg
They are cute! I would love to add one to a tank! Is that possible it being a tide pool fish and all?

OP
OP
Nano_Man

Nano_Man

Anemone L
View Badges
Reaction score
They are cute! I would love to add one to a tank! Is that possible it being a tide pool fish and all?
They struggle in higher temperatures probably water been low in oxygen. I have kept them at 70f and they seemed too be ok
The ones I have now are at 60f and there happy
When you go near the tank they come and great you .
A great fish for a cooler tank
This time of year the sea water is about 14 c so that cool
I’ve just got a new filter a tub of oysters they are super at filtering water. They have to get plankton twice a day. But they’re doing a great job. Going to try and do some videos of me rock pooling but ii have never done it before lol

OP
OP
Nano_Man

Nano_Man

Anemone L
View Badges
Reaction score
So out on my travels there are a few things I photographed to show people what I found on a 1 hour walk
52edd2f9-cbb3-43a6-bf35-7d4b51e82c79.jpeg
Sea urchin
a773bc1a-b2c8-421e-8246-6f7d625cb24e.jpeg
070c3768-c8c4-448f-bb82-2fa67a95d7f9.jpeg
Baby edible Brown Crab
b1152583-ae61-480d-9875-8a5a5a9b0a32.jpeg
a2e4d7ab-5877-4303-ada1-277a9c3cd015.jpeg
Couple of sea squirts filter feeders
bbdde02e-a064-4954-a527-53ae0c4a5ce4.jpeg
And a not looking it’s best a Sea Hare theses animals if in danger squirt ink at you and release toxins harmless to humans but harmful to other sea creatures. They can grow very large over time so this one is only really a baby
I hope you have enjoyed the photos and I will be travelling further a field too
Show you some amazing sea creatures

OP
OP
Nano_Man

Nano_Man

Anemone L
View Badges
Reaction score
If anyone is interested in how a sea squirt functions this should help you understand
IMG_0910.jpeg

OP
OP
Nano_Man

Nano_Man

Anemone L
View Badges
Reaction score
Hi all members
I would like some feedback from you all there are members that post and put input into the group but there are some members that have never put any input into it . I don’t know your thoughts on removing the badges from the members that have never given any sort of input. I would love to hear from you all in the group doesn’t have to be everything about Rock Pooling. It can be what you’re up too
What you are making how you’re reef doing
What other interests you have away from work hours. Please give your thoughts how to make things better in the group. I can not do it all my self. Thanks everyone

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
There are few posts to respond to however others can post updates, and new acquisitions as well as discuss future thoughts and plans for tank
To stay busy, I’m at work frequently with the upcoming travel busy season
Today is my day off and have to be here to cover for people who don’t show up

IMG_2531.jpeg
IMG_2204.jpeg
IMG_2176.jpeg
IMG_1929.jpeg
IMG_1855.jpeg
IMG_2430.jpeg

Minifoot77

Jack of all trades and a master of none
View Badges
Reaction score
Depends what you want in the group? Some are tank related some are personal/job related

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
There are few posts to respond to however others can post updates, and new acquisitions as well as discuss future thoughts and plans for tank
To stay busy, I’m at work frequently with the upcoming travel busy season
Today is my day off and have to be here to cover for people who don’t show up

IMG_2531.jpeg
IMG_2204.jpeg
IMG_2176.jpeg
IMG_1929.jpeg
IMG_1855.jpeg
IMG_2430.jpeg
Are you a mechanic for the planes???

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Hi all members
I would like some feedback from you all there are members that post and put input into the group but there are some members that have never put any input into it . I don’t know your thoughts on removing the badges from the members that have never given any sort of input. I would love to hear from you all in the group doesn’t have to be everything about Rock Pooling. It can be what you’re up too
What you are making how you’re reef doing
What other interests you have away from work hours. Please give your thoughts how to make things better in the group. I can not do it all my self. Thanks everyone
I think it depends if you want people who do comment in the group thread to stay and remove those that never have commented ?

OP
OP
Nano_Man

Nano_Man

Anemone L
View Badges
Reaction score
I think it depends if you want people who do comment in the group thread to stay and remove those that never have commented ?
I know this is not directed at people like you that put input into the group. . Thank you

OP
OP
Nano_Man

Nano_Man

Anemone L
View Badges
Reaction score
Depends what you want in the group? Some are tank related some are personal/job related
Yep to be honest I just want people to come together and enjoy other people’s input but if people have not done anything for the group I think it is only correct to remove there badge
You have put input into the group so I Thank you

Set it and forget it: Do you change your aquascape as your corals grow?

• I regularly change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • I occasionally change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 9 37.5%
  • I rarely change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 9 37.5%
  • I never change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 4.2%
Back