Rocket Engineer stand question

Saintnovakai

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Plan to build a wood stand for my 5ft 150 that I'm prepping to build and I've seen that the Rocket Engineer stand can go without a center brace. I love the idea but for peace of mind, can I make removable steel center brace that will be slim enough to not be so obtrusive?

What size steel bar should I use and how would you do it?

DEWreefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is my 180g tank mad out of wood no Center brace.

20181222_001200.jpg

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my 6' 125 gallon red wood stand. Front 2X4 redwoods doubled up and sealed. Top of legs are cut to fit top rail so top rail sits on legs and the bolts are just there to hold it there.

U

User1

View Badges
This is my 6' 125 gallon red wood stand. Front 2X4 redwoods doubled up and sealed. Top of legs are cut to fit top rail so top rail sits on legs and the bolts are just there to hold it there.

Could also serve as a very nice work bench. Well done. But, what else is new from you :) You have skills and just wanted to pass that along.

With regards to the rocket engineer stand. Follow the directions and you don't need a brace. It is a very well, overly well, built stand and plan to follow show you choose to use it. I used one for my 40 breeder. I recently put castors on it and threw my lathe on it :) Nothing like making saw dust as my brother in law likes to say.

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My workbench is 14' long and I don't need another one. It's under construction here.

redfishbluefish

Stay Positive, Stay Productive
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As stated, no center brace needed. Just use 2x6 as the top frame and you'll be fine. I have a five footer as well....and no center brace.

OurStand.jpg

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 26 15.6%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 80 47.9%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 52 31.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.4%
Back