Rockscape help

What do you use for your scape.

  • Super glue gel

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Putty

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Stack rocks freely

    Votes: 1 33.3%

  • Total voters
    3

NanoreefingMP

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 10, 2017
Messages
91
Reaction score
54
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wondering what everyone uses for to keep their rockscape together. Do you use putty, supergel or just stack? Doing a new scape for a build so looking for recommendations.if you don’t mind please let me know brands. Thanks in advance!
 
i also do a bit of all three plus i drill and rod the major structures so i can have some overhangs ect that could not otherwise occur.
 
Just wondering what everyone uses for to keep their rockscape together. Do you use putty, supergel or just stack? Doing a new scape for a build so looking for recommendations.if you don’t mind please let me know brands. Thanks in advance!

I think it really depends on what you are going for. For most scapes I think stacking while filling in with a bit of putty is sufficient. Alternatively if you want to go for the more elaborate/bonsai look, I personally have had the most success with the acrylic rod and zip tie technique. This requires a certain type of rock as very porous rocks won’t stand up to the drilling required. Then you can cover up the joint with putty. I find super glue works best when working with smaller non-structurally supported joints.
 
I ended up pick this up today. I want to give it a try! AA6DDE48-A79D-46D7-9CCD-7EED406BCC1C.jpeg
 
The putty is crap in my opinion. I used it in my first tank turned water cloudy also my rocks still fell...
 
I have used BSI Super Glue with great success, I usually make a main structure then fill in with smaller pieces... This is my 90 that I used only BSI super glue, there is 2 main structures with rubble glued around it to make its shape.
IMG_1836.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 7 4.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 52 34.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 23 15.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new