RODI and AWC on same 1/4" drain?

  • Thread starter Thread starter NeveSSL
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

NeveSSL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 20, 2007
Messages
2,734
Reaction score
264
Location
Kodak
What state or country do you live in
Tennessee
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Should I be concerned about my RODI and my DOS running at the same time if they share a 1/4" drain? I'm thinking it would probably be fine, but wanted to get some more opinions. I'll probably just be doing 1 or 2 gallons a day or so on the DOS, so nothing too crazy. The RODI is a Spectrapure 100gpd.

Brandon
 
I don’t really understand the question.
Are you ask if the waste water can be flushed down the same drain?
 
Sorry. Would it be too much flow to have RODI waste and an Auto Water Change draining through the same 1/4" drain at the same time?

Brandon
 
I see no issues with this, I would just make sure you have some sort of backflow preventer on each line.
 
Fair point! I can turn my RODI on and off, so I'm going to just not let them run at the same time and not worry about it.

Brandon
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 22.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new