RODI and PH

Cichlid Convert

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi. I ordered a RODI system. Its a 4stage buddie one. I want to know if it will alter the PH of the water. My PH is exactly where i want it right out the tap (well water). Ive never used one before so not sure if it will lower or change PH. Thanks everyone.

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the pH of your tap?

Passing water through the ro membrane will remove minerals found in tap water. If the tap water is alkaline then there's a good chance that pH will drop post membrane because you've removed those minerals.

The good news is that it doesn't really matter because salt mixes buffer the pH back up.

And if you're concerned about top off, the amount dispensed based on evap doesn't play a crucial role in lowering tank pH.

There is a concern with well water having high c02 but if you're tap water is close or higher than 7... then you're already in the positive.

Makara23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fresh RO/DI water should have a pH of 7. But this isn't relevant because mixing with salt should bring it back up.

Your pH might be slightly lower or higher unless your well water has exactly pH 7. But you can somewhat control your end-result tank pH with how much CO2 you let in the system.

Aquaboys

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Di water has a PH of 6.0-6.4.. Once you add you salt to the water it should alter this some and get you back to where you want to be!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 149 58.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.4%
Back