RODI angle stop for washer lines

sean151

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking for an RODI angle stop similar to the popular John Guest angle stop valve. Unfortunately they are not compatible with the hoses in my house. I've searched off and on for the last few years for a reliable y-connector for the washer line, but every time I come up finding a high number of bad reviews on every product. I'm not looking for a 1 in 10,000 per year failure rate I seem to see on ever item. I want something sturdy and reliable like the John Guest item, but with 3/4" hose connection and 1/4" output. Has anyone ever been able to come across something like this OR an actually reliable y-connector?

Similar to this but 3/4"x3/4"-1/4" SS: https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/john-guest-angle-stop-valve.html

theMeat

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking for an RODI angle stop similar to the popular John Guest angle stop valve. Unfortunately they are not compatible with the hoses in my house. I've searched off and on for the last few years for a reliable y-connector for the washer line, but every time I come up finding a high number of bad reviews on every product. I'm not looking for a 1 in 10,000 per year failure rate I seem to see on ever item. I want something sturdy and reliable like the John Guest item, but with 3/4" hose connection and 1/4" output. Has anyone ever been able to come across something like this OR an actually reliable y-connector?

Similar to this but 3/4"x3/4"-1/4" SS: https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/john-guest-angle-stop-valve.html
I agree with you. They’re all cheap crap bound to leak. Fine out in the yard, not inside the hose. Now they’ve come up with a decent version designed to split the cold water line fir the washing machine, to have another cold water supply these new fangled dryers that use water for removing wrinkles. Have installed a few and they’re good. Now even available at homecheapo

Greg P

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've looked at most of the hardware store available units and agree with you that the quality is not there.
You may need to do some plumbing vs using fittings.
Waiting for your pics and will check in tomorrow

OP
OP
S

sean151

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Drain line and both water lines to the washer in the picture attached.

Attachments

• 20210226_222426.jpg
    20210226_222426.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 30

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Drain line and both water lines to the washer in the picture attached.
I would do as @theMeat suggested.

Tee off using the cold water splitter and add a 3/4 x 1/4" compression fitting like this to the end.

They also make splitters with valves but you can just put a JG valve after the 1/4" compression and then connect your system

Screenshot_20210227-052943_Home Depot.jpg Screenshot_20210227-053023_Amazon Shopping.jpg

OP
OP
S

sean151

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll give the everbilt a try. It has no reviews out of 100 of a brass failure. Only of gasket or thread issues, which will be found right away vs. something happening a year from now when you're on vacation.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 22 30.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 27 37.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 26.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 4 5.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back