RODI experience

Dub

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been using Spectrapure system for 8 months and my DI consumption has been about 40 gal per cartridge. Suspected high CO2 from my city well water and this was confirmed with Spectrapure test kit - 43ppm! At first I felt like aerating the RO output before the DI cartridge to remove the CO2 then while sitting on my deck looking at the lake a idea struck home - LAKE WATER! Upon testing it CO2 was only 12ppm.
my city water had 450ppm tds before the membrane, 15ppm after the membrane and 0ppm after DI. The untreated lake water had 205ppm before the membrane 6ppm after the membrane and 0ppm after the DI. Other observations: no chlorine or chlorimine, sediment filter appears to change color. This is after getting 15 gals of RODI. only time will tell what the change over will result in. If any of you guys or gals have any thoughts please chime in.

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Should work. The only thing would be possible higher concentration of contaminants such as fertilizer runoff or wastewater from residential. The RO/DI unit should be able to process all those.

Than at tidal gardens uses a cistern for his new Coral farm. The building captures the rain water and drains it into the cistern. From there he pumps that water through a water purification system and through a large RO/DI unit. It's a very cool idea.

Good trouble: Have mushrooms ever become pests in your aquarium?

• Mushrooms would never be pests even if they kept replicating.

Votes: 21 17.4%
  • Mushrooms have not become a pest for me.

Votes: 51 42.1%
  • Mushroom have become overgrown, but not to the point of becoming pests.

Votes: 16 13.2%
  • Mushrooms have become pests in my aquarium.

Votes: 27 22.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 5.0%
Back