Rodi filter ok?

spamvicious

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 2, 2022
Messages
634
Reaction score
226
Location
Yorkshire
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just set up a rodi 4 stage unit and after half an hour of running it’s 0 TDS. However the resin chamber looks like this. I filled it with resin but it seems to have shrunk. Do I need to add more resin?.

IMG_0351.jpeg
 
Better contact, especially under the current conditions (not enough resin to fill the chamber) will be had if mounted as @Uncle99 notes. The link to the marketing page is, well, marketing (which is designed to sell products, not optimize their use).
 
Ideally you want it packed tightly with resin, especially if horizontal. Otherwise the water will eventually channel the beads and bypass though the void space without being filtered.
 
When packing resin into the chamber, please ensure it's snug but not overly compacted.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 40.7%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 25.9%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new