OP
TriggerFinger

TriggerFinger

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the marriage saver. It has a shutoff solenoid that is inline before the RO membrane. The sediment, & 2 carbon block chambers hold water pressure. The rest has no pressure. I use it every couple days, so no creep or pressure on the membrane unless in use. I flush the membrane every 2 weeks, my tds to the di cartridges is always 3 or less.
Could you share a picture of this please?

I unhook my unit but I only make water once a month for my 125. I then transport it to and from the basement. As anxious as I am, I wouldn't rush things in your case. I'll be in STL next week and the temps wont be that bad.

the forecast could change any day and Welcome to STL;)

I just love this forum. Everyone has ideas and suggestions I never would have thought about. You also don’t yell at me when I have stupid ideas. I appreciate ya’ll;Happy

Sod Buster

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Screenshot_20190221-221211_Gallery.jpg

ryeguyy84

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm assuming there's a kitchen on the first floor, and I'm also going to assume the pipe that feeds the kitchen sink comes up from the basement. Follow that pipe and jam the 1/4 tubing up through the floor.

They make an adapter for sinks that can accept the 1/4 inch push connect. You can get a saddle valve for the drain if you need that.

JAM-MAN

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought about the insulation too. I’m sure I can come up with something. It would be right up against the house but it’s a shaded area so it might be tricky.

The plumber is doing me a favor and not charging for the spigot adding so I don’t want to bug him. I’ve been trying to figure out a way to make water for like 2 months lolol. I have a 2 year old daughter so that severely limits the place I can put the unit and then the septic tank issue limits me too. The basement is really the only place the baby can’t get to it.

Personally, I thought the plumber had a genius idea;Happy

Thanks for feeling my pain
Use heat tape sold to keep gutters flowing around the hose.

Buckeye Hydro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
https://www.buckeyehydro.com/leakblock-sensor/

You'll be fine using a regular garden hose, as long as it is BEFORE the RODI system. Thousands before you have done it. Don't see any reason you'd need a wye splitter, unless you are feeding the hose from the cold water hose bib that also feeds your washing machine. You will however need a hose bib adapter for the downstream end of the hose:
https://www.buckeyehydro.com/feedwater-fittings/

I'd say you should go for it. Keep an eye on the weather and just to be conservative, disconnect it if it gets too cold. Today in St. Louis: Low of 36, high of 58. Get 'er done!

Russ

kac0143

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 66.7%
2   1   0
I'm using an outside spigot right now I unhook mine when not filling my barrel. I plan on using a shark bite and install inside basement.

OP
OP
TriggerFinger

TriggerFinger

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here’s the outside spigot. The hose will go in through the pipe that has a cap on it right now. I’m going to get a new hose today and try to find a straw bale. I don’t have an outlet close by for heat tape. Wish me luck! Thanks everyone for your ideas! I’ll post pics if I can get it to work!
D735FD7D-AA73-4248-BBBA-70DA7DA3C217.jpeg

Buckeye Hydro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Extension cord for heat tape?

Be careful if you bury the heat tape in something flammable (hay).

Dburr1014

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want my rodi installed in the basement but I need a hose spigot added down there first. My plumber is booked and can’t make it over for a few weeks yet. I have a way to run a garden hose from the outside spigot, through a hole in the exterior wall and down into the basement. I would like to start making water now. It would only be temporary until the plumber can squeeze me in.

The only problem I foresee is the outside temperature dropping below freezing overnight and busting a hose or more likely making the source water too cold for the rodi unit to function properly. I plan on feeding as much garden hose as possible into the basement so the only length of hose exposed to the outside would be roughly 4 feet.

I don’t want to temp install the unit with the laundry or under any sinks on the main level because there is nowhere to put a container for the di water or anywhere to drain the waste line. I don’t want the waste line fed into any of my home plumbing because I’m on a septic system.

My plumber is actually the one who suggested I do this temporarily until he can make it over but I’m getting a lot of eye rolls from family about this idea.

Terrible idea??
Not sure the reason of the waste water.
The septic will handle waste water. It will simply go out to the leaching field. Only solids go to the septic tank.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 56 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 35.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.6%
Back