Rodi membrane flushing

Fishingandreefing

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 7, 2019
Messages
3,832
Reaction score
1,795
What state or country do you live in
Maryland
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For those of you that has the aquatic life 100gpd unit. I am only replacing the membrane, and according to the manufacturer, it requires to flush the first 30g of rodi. Do you guys really do the full 30 or maybe 20 is good enough?
 
Personally I would follow the manufacturer recommendations for optimal performance and product water quality
 
For those of you that has the aquatic life 100gpd unit. I am only replacing the membrane, and according to the manufacturer, it requires to flush the first 30g of rodi. Do you guys really do the full 30 or maybe 20 is good enough?

Did you read that correctly? Are you sure it wasn't 30 minutes? I've only seen them say to run a few gallons thru it to get rid of the preservatives.
 
Best to the full flush or even more, the membranes come with a food preservative on, you don’t want that in the tank.
 
Did you read that correctly? Are you sure it wasn't 30 minutes? I've only seen them say to run a few gallons thru it to get rid of the preservatives.
Instruction I meant the aquaticlife guy explained in YouTube video stated “discard the first 30g of rodi”
 
Per the FAQ on the Aquatic Life website:

"How much water should I run through the unit to flush the membrane?



• All RO membranes contain a preservative to keep them sterile. IT IS IMPORTANT TO FLUSH THE PRESERVATIVE OUT OF THE MEMBRANE PRIOR TO USING THE FILTERED WATER. Turn on the water to the TI unit and allow to run for 30 minutes or until your TDS is reduced by 96% from the supply water. Discard all the water from the first 30 minutes of operation. "
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 55 34.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new