RODI Output

Gusto

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Everyone,
I have a 5 stage RODI and I had an extra membrane housing and decided to add a second membrane and I was really going through DI resin.. I then decided to take off the second membrane and go back to the way it was and I was still going through DI Resin so I decided to test the output and the DI water coming out of the output is more than the waster line.. I know it should be at least 3 or 4 to one.. What could cause so much output? Thanks

dwest

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Everyone,
I have a 5 stage RODI and I had an extra membrane housing and decided to add a second membrane and I was really going through DI resin.. I then decided to take off the second membrane and go back to the way it was and I was still going through DI Resin so I decided to test the output and the DI water coming out of the output is more than the waster line.. I know it should be at least 3 or 4 to one.. What could cause so much output? Thanks
Could the flow restrictor be missing?

OP
OP
G

Gusto

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there one in the tubing? I do have one like the below just the 800 model.. does that have a restrictor in it? Makes sense because I was moving around the hoses when I added the second membrane

Screen Shot 2021-08-24 at 9.55.12 PM.png

dwest

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there one in the tubing? I do have one like the below just the 800 model.. does that have a restrictor in it? Makes sense because I was moving around the hoses when I added the second membrane

Mine looks different but that‘s probably one.

OP
OP
G

Gusto

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks... I will have to call them tomorrow and see. Just not sure why I'm getting so much output..

rhostam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Yes, this is it. Make sure to flip it up when making water. Flip down to flush the membrane on occasion like after making a large batch of RODI water. Also, ensure in/out alight with the restrictor like in that picture.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 137 87.8%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back