RODI reading 1 out.

Panicked Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a BRS RODI. 4 stage 75G with the water saver and pump. 80 psi. Input TDS is 3 and my out put is bouncing between 0 and 1 TDS. All filters appear good. Sediment is white and DI is still black. I flush normally and have been flushing for awhile now trying to get it to clear up. I have checked the meter and it is in the correct position. What suggestions to check next?

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a BRS RODI. 4 stage 75G with the water saver and pump. 80 psi. Input TDS is 3 and my out put is bouncing between 0 and 1 TDS. All filters appear good. Sediment is white and DI is still black. I flush normally and have been flushing for awhile now trying to get it to clear up. I have checked the meter and it is in the correct position. What suggestions to check next?
Is the DI resin packed nice and tight?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I run a 5 stage hi output unit and mine is sometimes zero and sometimes 1. I would not be concerned until it is slowly climbing.
You also stated all the filters appear good. More important is when you last changed the filters and resin. Resin life and carbon varies depending on type of water. In my case, I use well water and my cartridges are spent prematurely before their life expectancy and it may be an indication that its almost time for a change of all inserts.

OP
OP
P

Panicked Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, I believe it is. I have used it for a lil while now with a steady 0.

I will try to replace the carbon. I am unsure how long it has been in there.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 43 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back