Rodi routine filter change

So if you have used your rodi say, 6 times in 6 months to produce 30 gallons of new water each time then no. It really all depends on how much use the unit is going through. Your tds meter is telling me you’re not using it a lot. You’re good!!!
 
I'm new (BRS 6 stage RODI) but, I think:
-- Sediment filters are cheap so change when it starts looking dirty
-- Some people check for chlorine/chloramine after carbon blocks to decide when to change those I think (but I haven't done that)
-- DI resin? I have the color-changing ones so I'm just going by that

*I think the biggest problem (maybe) with just waiting until you start getting TDS in your output is that, even though your DI is still keeping it zero, you might be burning through DI resin faster than necessary if the filters before it aren't doing they're job to the best of their ability
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 8.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new