RODI setup.

Marcom12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does it matter how long the waste water line is? I'm trying to move my unit to the other side if the basement, I can tap a water line there, but the drain is on other side of basement.... Maybe 30 feet.

I'd like to route it across ceiling then down to drain unless that could be an issue?

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As long as the line is trending downward throughout, no ups, you should be good. You just don't want any back pressure to inhibit the RODI unit in any way. So downward is good.

Geebs19

Give me all the Euphyllia
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think mine runs about 30-40 ft, it goes up into the ceiling first, never seen and back pressure coming in, but it goes all downhill from there.

OP
OP
Marcom12

Marcom12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As long as the line is trending downward throughout, no ups, you should be good. You just don't want any back pressure to inhibit the RODI unit in any way. So downward is good.
Ok, then I might have to run it along the wall, and install clips in the concrete wall.

ryeguyy84

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't see why not, mine goes up about 6 feet through the floor then over another few feet to the sink drain. It's been like that since I moved 2 years ago. I'm going to move it to the other side of my basement soon and I don't expect any issues with an additional 10 foot run.

TriggerFinger

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Melevs reef has a YouTube video talking about his rodi unit. He said 40ft is the max before it causes back pressure issues.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So going up gradually about 2 feet then down from there should be ok?
This is similar to my setup - up then down (although my run is a little shorter - maybe 15'). One thing to consider is the water pressure and you may need to pay a little more attention to the canisters.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Explain a little?
Here is a R2R thread about how much water pressure should a rodi unit have? that should begin to answer some of the questions. Some RODI units have a water pressure gauge and as the membrane gets filled then you will notice that the "out" water pressure will drop.

Additionally here is a link to another video from Bulk Reef Supply on the BRS 5-Stage and 6-Stage RODI System. Although these may not be the exact model that you have, it provides good information about how a RODI system works and how they can be serviced. Hope this helps!

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.1%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 30 17.1%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.3%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 75 42.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.6%
Back