RODI storage

JJ Ligs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a question about stored water. I store my water in a big old brute like everyone else. I clean it after I empty it before I refill but it gets this like old man dusty scent and I hate it. I know most people say they do not care as long as it is still reading clean, but is there a way to avoid the water stored from getting that smell it gets? It is not bad just reminds me of old man. I use my stored water fairly quick but by the bottom of my bin it starts to get that smell. I was thinking of tossing a bag of carbon in there to absorb anything that may cause the smell, has anyone done this?

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Carbon will work as long as the water or air passes thru it.
Maybe a pump would work also.

OP
OP
JJ Ligs

JJ Ligs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks going to try a power head. It probably won't be an issue considering my new tank will eat the Ro in that bin one change now lol

mann1139

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a question about stored water. I store my water in a big old brute like everyone else. I clean it after I empty it before I refill but it gets this like old man dusty scent and I hate it. I know most people say they do not care as long as it is still reading clean, but is there a way to avoid the water stored from getting that smell it gets? It is not bad just reminds me of old man. I use my stored water fairly quick but by the bottom of my bin it starts to get that smell. I was thinking of tossing a bag of carbon in there to absorb anything that may cause the smell, has anyone done this?
What else has that smell? My water always just smells like the plastic.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 19.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back