RODI system w/ chloromines

jstephens24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I currently have a 4 stage 75 gal per day RODI system from BRS. It has been in storage/garage for the last 3 years so I was going to just replace filters/ RO membrane and upgrade it to 150 gal per day with another RO. After doing some more research and looking at my city's water quality report it looks like I need a 5 stage RODI system. The 2018 report showed 3.05 ppm Chloramines and TDS 217.

Just bought a WB 220 so I want to start everything on the right foot and since my city uses chloramines that means I need a 5 stage unit. My plan is to have coral eventually.

S.Pepper

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I currently have a 4 stage 75 gal per day RODI system from BRS. It has been in storage/garage for the last 3 years so I was going to just replace filters/ RO membrane and upgrade it to 150 gal per day with another RO. After doing some more research and looking at my city's water quality report it looks like I need a 5 stage RODI system. The 2018 report showed 3.05 ppm Chloramines and TDS 217.

Just bought a WB 220 so I want to start everything on the right foot and since my city uses chloramines that means I need a 5 stage unit. My plan is to have coral eventually.

Yup, 5 stage is correct. If u still have questions, email BRS and they will confirm what u need.

OP
OP
J

jstephens24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BRS chat person told me I should just add another carbon block to my 4 stage which doesn't make to much sense to me. Looks like I almost actually need a 6 stage. 5 stage is for small amounts.

edit:He sent me a link to extra housing to buy and in that description it says to use 2 carbon filters to remove chloramines so looks like that might be the answer

Last edited:

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 6.1%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 4.6%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 106 80.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.6%
Back