Rodi tds

DTz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys , I’ve recently started a new tank. And plan to start filling tp tank, after not using the rodi unit for 3 years, I changed the filter and starter running it, 1st batch of water was 18ppm. After 30 mins of running it is not at 6 ppm. Is 6 ppm acceptable for sps tank? And what’s the reason for the drop of ppm as I run more water?

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys , I’ve recently started a new tank. And plan to start filling tp tank, after not using the rodi unit for 3 years, I changed the filter and starter running it, 1st batch of water was 18ppm. After 30 mins of running it is not at 6 ppm. Is 6 ppm acceptable for sps tank? And what’s the reason for the drop of ppm as I run more water?

TDS creep comes off the membrane on startup, and then drops after a few minutes. 6 TDS isn’t optimal for SPS. 0 TDS is what you want.

gbroadbridge

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the TDS going into the unit, and after the membrane?

Did the membrane dry out in storage?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 158 57.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.9%
Back