Rodi tds

DTz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys , I’ve recently started a new tank. And plan to start filling tp tank, after not using the rodi unit for 3 years, I changed the filter and starter running it, 1st batch of water was 18ppm. After 30 mins of running it is not at 6 ppm. Is 6 ppm acceptable for sps tank? And what’s the reason for the drop of ppm as I run more water?

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys , I’ve recently started a new tank. And plan to start filling tp tank, after not using the rodi unit for 3 years, I changed the filter and starter running it, 1st batch of water was 18ppm. After 30 mins of running it is not at 6 ppm. Is 6 ppm acceptable for sps tank? And what’s the reason for the drop of ppm as I run more water?

TDS creep comes off the membrane on startup, and then drops after a few minutes. 6 TDS isn’t optimal for SPS. 0 TDS is what you want.

gbroadbridge

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the TDS going into the unit, and after the membrane?

Did the membrane dry out in storage?

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 48 25.5%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 48 25.5%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 43 22.9%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 45 23.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.1%
Back