RODI & temp

redfishbluefish

Stay Positive, Stay Productive
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The hot water not only potentially ruins your membrane (I want to say 100 - 102F ruins membranes), it causes for your carbon blocks to release some of the contaminants they've already captured. One in particular is chlorine. You're chewing through your DI because of the stuff coming off the carbon is my guess.

COLD WATER ONLY THROUGH AN RO UNIT!!!

piranhaman00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The hot water not only potentially ruins your membrane (I want to say 100 - 102F ruins membranes), it causes for your carbon blocks to release some of the contaminants they've already captured. One in particular is chlorine. You're chewing through your DI because of the stuff coming off the carbon is my guess.

COLD WATER ONLY THROUGH AN RO UNIT!!!

Well actually the DI gets chewed up because the membranes cannot remove as much contaminants with the hot water. Cold water about 2 ppm into resin and hot water about 10ppm, Used up about 5x as fast but make water 4x faster....

Yup 100F is max, I stick around 80-90 when I need water fast, and no chlorine in my water.

OP
OP
sp1187

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just seeing this....the temperature rating you see associated with a membrane is the temperature at which that membrane gets it's rating....i.e. 75gpd. It does not mean you need to run your RO at that temperature. Actually you don't want to introduce any hot/warm water....cold only. To quote @AZDesertRat, a past RO/DI expert:
ok. but what temp is considered hot/warm?
my brs 5 stage recommended running temp is 77 degrees.
I'm running it at 68/72.
TDS is zero (in line and hand held meters).

Back