RODI UNIT WASTE WATER

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

ajhudson15

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would it be acceptable to split off the waste water line and have some go to waste and some be reran back through the rodi unit?

Cyricdark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well the water saver upgrade reduces the amount of waste water you produce by running it through two different membranes you're always going to have Wastewater with the Rodi I system that's how they function if you're looking for Less Wastewater this is the way to do it what you're talking about with chew through membranes really fast and probably wouldn't give you 0 TDS water
Ive seen those. I just really don't have the extra room for water storage other than the good water I catch for the tanks

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe your water pressure related to whether you will benefit from a dual membrane or recirculating setup.

randyBRS

BRStv Host :-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would it be acceptable to split off the waste water line and have some go to waste and some be reran back through the rodi unit?

Since membranes are rated at a 98%+ rejection rate already, recirculating the high TDS waste water back through the membrane to attempt to gain an additional ~2%, will actually result in worse rejection rate. Meaning less performance and higher TDS output than with a single pass through. There's really no trade off, however as mentioned above there are some solid benefits to a dual membrane setup. Here are a couple of videos that outline how a dual membrane setup works and how pressure is a large factor in overall performance of the RODI unit. :)

OP
OP
ajhudson15

ajhudson15

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since membranes are rated at a 98%+ rejection rate already, recirculating the high TDS waste water back through the membrane to attempt to gain an additional ~2%, will actually result in worse rejection rate. Meaning less performance and higher TDS output than with a single pass through. There's really no trade off, however as mentioned above there are some solid benefits to a dual membrane setup. Here are a couple of videos that outline how a dual membrane setup works and how pressure is a large factor in overall performance of the RODI unit. :)

Thanks Randy. I just purchased my 100gpd 5 stage plus unit and hope to get it set up this week. FYI, I love your videos they are always so helpful and informative.

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 188 71.2%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 19 7.2%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 50 18.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.7%
Back