RODI with Auto Flush, Booster Pump, and Drinking Water

gguertin145

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 25, 2017
Messages
59
Reaction score
17
Location
Minnesota
What state or country do you live in
Minnesota
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So in short I have everything hooked up and the waste line runs all the time but the booster pump does shut off.

I had an old RODI and went a little crazy on BRS website deciding to rebuild everything with some additional features. I will try to explain as best I can. I have tried the way shown below and also removing the white block ASO same result.

Red Line = Water>Booster Pump>TDS1>PressurePump1>pre filter and 2 carbon>ASOV>RODI

Blue Line(RODI Good)= OneWay>TDS2>T-Drinking water and DI
Drinking Water>One Way>Tank>Carbon>Faucet
DI>Pressure Switch>Shutoff>DI1>TDS3>DI2>TDS4>OneWay>Bucket

Black Line(WasteWater)>Electronic Flow Restrictor>Drain

IMG_9950_zps8xcpwcvo.jpg
 
If the drain isn't shutting off, that's an issue with the automatic shutoff valve. I see you have one on there, but I can't see where it is going.
 
Do you have a check valve on the line leading from the RO to the float?

Check Valve > Auto Shutoff > Float
 
I do not should I?
I have a shutoff at the di though and have turned that off so that it only goes to the drinking water and it still constantly runs the waste water.
 
I ordered a new 4 port aso... it is old maybe it went bad at the same time I installed all this new stuff?

The pressure coming off the pump says 90 and the pressure at the ro is 85 is that ok? Can I have to much pressure for that auto shut off?
 
I ordered a new 4 port aso... it is old maybe it went bad at the same time I installed all this new stuff?

The pressure coming off the pump says 90 and the pressure at the ro is 85 is that ok? Can I have to much pressure for that auto shut off?
That pressure shouldn’t effect the aso operation, but is hi for what the units fittings are rated for. Would go 80 tops

Aso could be bad, or check valve on product. Sometimes the check valve is inside final push to connect fitting leaving unit to product tube, or inside connections on product leading to aso as Cromag’s drawing illustrates.
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 13 52.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 12 48.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new