Roller mat plumbing

Jasongtr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just about to start plumbing now I’ve had my new tank delivered and prepared the stand internally.

just offered the sump into the stand for the first time in ages (sump is a DD one from a pro reef 900/1200 system)

put the clarisea roller mat in the back and the skimmer in front and boy it’s tight in the cabinet.

obviously I’m going to plumb in such a way that when required equipment can come out so hard plumbing with unions etc, one thing that I need to know is can the roller mat inlet be plumbed with a pipe into the inlet elbow without solvent welding it in, I appreciate a bit of the flow will likely bypass the roller mat but shouldn’t be much, it will make the removal when required much easier, it’s going to be that tight that I doubt I’ll fit 2 unions and a gate valve in the space from the tank bulkhead to the roller mat

thanks
D02D5B02-6865-4BF6-9E13-F0CA1502C9AA.jpeg
62B3B9C0-A253-4493-8225-63D0F18EA9DE.jpeg

OP
OP
Jasongtr

Jasongtr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How much physical room do you have for the connection?
That’s hard to answer that will give you any decent feedback, what I’ve done is reverse the clarisea inlet which I think will help then I can just drop the emergency drain between the hanging brackets for the roller mat, the sump or the equipment size isn’t the issue it’s the extra supports I’ve put inside the cabinet that leaves the space to work with tight

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On my ReefMat I used a M-F slip adapter with the flexible tubing so I could unscrew the plumbing any time I wanted. I don't know if you'd have enough room for that, but you could potentially cement the pipe in-place to the Clarisea and place the slip higher up so you could remove it for maintenance. Just a thought.

OP
OP
Jasongtr

Jasongtr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On my ReefMat I used a M-F slip adapter with the flexible tubing so I could unscrew the plumbing any time I wanted. I don't know if you'd have enough room for that, but you could potentially cement the pipe in-place to the Clarisea and place the slip higher up so you could remove it for maintenance. Just a thought.
Not sure if now it’s reversed as I haven’t had time this weekend but it might now allow it glued in place with unions, but I still wouldn’t glue the part into the clarisea elbow until I know I’ve got the height of the roller sorted

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 31.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 19.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back