Ron's 20 Drop Off Reef Tank

LEDSIXTYFIVE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Correct me if I'm wrong, I do not use forums that often, is this the correct place to start my build thread for the Nano in 90?
If so....

I've decided to enter a 20 gallon high tank that I found in my basement. I painted 3 sides black a while ago and decided to run with it!
I'm going to use silicone to mount rocks on boths side corners of the tank. I have never attempted this, so good luck to me! Also all the rock i bought for the tank is man made "eco friendly?".
I was thinking for my theme to be Aquacultured only, man made only, so-to-speak. The light I am going to use is going to be a PAR38 that I got in a trade a few weeks back. Its apparently Ebay style, so it should be a perfect test to see if the Ebay LED is worth it!
My challange is going to be finding aquacultured fish... Clown fish will be a given in my tank =) the rest.... we will see! I'm not going to do any sand in the tank either. The tank is sitting right now with the silicone drying. I'll post pictures as soon as i get it standing up straight!

tbryan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds cool, you can get tank raised dottybacks, good sized fish for a 20.

Mike&Terry

Wrasses, Angels, & Tangs, Oh My!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Correct me if I'm wrong, I do not use forums that often, is this the correct place to start my build thread for the Nano in 90?
If so....

I've decided to enter a 20 gallon high tank that I found in my basement. I painted 3 sides black a while ago and decided to run with it!
I'm going to use silicone to mount rocks on boths side corners of the tank. I have never attempted this, so good luck to me! Also all the rock i bought for the tank is man made "eco friendly?".
I was thinking for my theme to be Aquacultured only, man made only, so-to-speak. The light I am going to use is going to be a PAR38 that I got in a trade a few weeks back. Its apparently Ebay style, so it should be a perfect test to see if the Ebay LED is worth it!
My challange is going to be finding aquacultured fish... Clown fish will be a given in my tank =) the rest.... we will see! I'm not going to do any sand in the tank either. The tank is sitting right now with the silicone drying. I'll post pictures as soon as i get it standing up straight!

Yes, this is the correct forum for the Nano in 90 2013 build threads.

Good luck with your build and we look forward to following your progress!
-M&T

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looking forward to this!

OP
OP
LEDSIXTYFIVE

LEDSIXTYFIVE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

OP
OP
LEDSIXTYFIVE

LEDSIXTYFIVE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpg

Sadly enough!!!!!! :(((((

After I got this all set up - I found out one of the pumps was defective which meant all my patience was gone to waste. I'm going to have to do a different nano :( ill delete this thread as soon as I figure out a new idea.

SeahorseKeeper

Where's the mysis?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bummer about the setback. I'm sure you'll come up with a great idea.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This looked like such an awesome idea! I hate that it isn't going to work out.

OP
OP
LEDSIXTYFIVE

LEDSIXTYFIVE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why quit because of the pump? I don't get it
I had the pump siliconed to tubing which ran behind the rock. So basically all the rock had to come off in order to remove the pump... A flaw from the beginning and one I'm glad occurred prior to coral being introduced. Anyways I have major plans in the "making" literally. I am going build a 12x12x24" from acyrilic, which will be again a first for me. Going to do the rock on both sides again but with a different flow plan. Ill be using the same light and what not. I'm still going to go aquaculture only :), go green or go home! (I'm by no means a green freak but I'm hoping it will give me an originality kudo). I got a peice of wood from a guy cutting down these huge trees in his yard that I'm going to use as the stand base. I'm going to do some sort of mirror 12x12 to put on the bottom of the aquarium so that way when you look down everything is reflected! So this will still be the "Drop off" but it will be a 15 gallon. Thanks for checking out the thread! Happy building!

Mike&Terry

Wrasses, Angels, & Tangs, Oh My!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had the pump siliconed to tubing which ran behind the rock. So basically all the rock had to come off in order to remove the pump... A flaw from the beginning and one I'm glad occurred prior to coral being introduced. Anyways I have major plans in the "making" literally. I am going build a 12x12x24" from acyrilic, which will be again a first for me. Going to do the rock on both sides again but with a different flow plan. Ill be using the same light and what not. I'm still going to go aquaculture only :), go green or go home! (I'm by no means a green freak but I'm hoping it will give me an originality kudo). I got a peice of wood from a guy cutting down these huge trees in his yard that I'm going to use as the stand base. I'm going to do some sort of mirror 12x12 to put on the bottom of the aquarium so that way when you look down everything is reflected! So this will still be the "Drop off" but it will be a 15 gallon. Thanks for checking out the thread! Happy building!

Glad you are staying in the contest and we're looking forward to following your build.

OP
OP
LEDSIXTYFIVE

LEDSIXTYFIVE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright well this weekend marks the time I build the tank! I'm way nervous I'm gonna do some solid research on people who have built acrylic tanks before. Yikes!

What Rim on a Tank Suits You? (Choose All That Apply)

• Rimless

Votes: 68 49.3%
  • Full frame

Votes: 27 19.6%
  • Euro Brace

Votes: 50 36.2%
  • All of the above

Votes: 23 16.7%
  • Other (Please explain)

Votes: 2 1.4%
Back