Rookie sump/pump help needed for a CADE

TeeJay87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just purchased the Cade Frag 1500 and it should be on its way soon. It will be a first time sump for me, and I’m looking to have a pump ready to install when it gets here. Two questions:

1) Since the product is manufactured by an Australian company, all plumbing is measured in mm (someone in a review on Algae Barn was annoyed by this). But I can’t find an online manual or info on the plumbing. Are all of the major pump manufactures going to be able to attach to the Cade plumbing out of the box? Or will I need an adapter?

2) Can you recommend a GPH on a pump? The system volume is 98 gallons and the pump will have ~3.5 foot vertical climb with 3 90-degree turns. I plan to use the tank as a softy reef tank initially and will use it as a supporting frag tank for a future system assuming I stay in the hobby. I’ll probably go with Sicce, so maybe someone can recommend something from their lineup or another brand you like.

BairCorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some pumps have adapters and sicce is one of them. I'd say go with the sdc 6.0 or 7.0. You'll want the ability to go up to 10x turnover rate an hour but probably only run 5x. So 98gal x10 is 980gph. With head height the 7.0 or 6.0 will do 5x without going full power (to save life of pump). Here's the info for the sicce sdc 7.0
Screenshot_20231204_230919_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20231204_230906_Chrome.jpg

DarkReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fwiw, Just been setting up my plumbing on my cade 1800 last night and the hose that came with doesnt quite fit the m2 vectra. Looks like I need an adapter of sorts to get the sizing right.

OP
OP
T

TeeJay87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fwiw, Just been setting up my plumbing on my cade 1800 last night and the hose that came with doesnt quite fit the m2 vectra. Looks like I need an adapter of sorts to get the sizing right.
Thanks for the heads up, and glad you asked as I’ve seen a possible solution for you from a YouTuber (Parker’s Reef) who also set up an M2 Vectra on a CADE. Great channel to follow as there are some amazing Australian tanks (including his dream tank), fish stores, etc. and he does a great job showing them off and interviewing the owners.

Check out ~minute 17:30 of this video for his solution for the Vectra.

DarkReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the heads up, and glad you asked as I’ve seen a possible solution for you from a YouTuber (Parker’s Reef) who also set up an M2 Vectra on a CADE. Great channel to follow as there are some amazing Australian tanks (including his dream tank), fish stores, etc. and he does a great job showing them off and interviewing the owners.

Check out ~minute 17:30 of this video for his solution for the Vectra.

Thank you for this, I do follow this and had forgotten this video!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 14 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 138 58.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 17 7.1%
Back