Rookie sump/pump help needed for a CADE

  • Thread starter Thread starter TeeJay87
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

TeeJay87

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 4, 2021
Messages
215
Reaction score
127
Location
Chicago
What state or country do you live in
Illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just purchased the Cade Frag 1500 and it should be on its way soon. It will be a first time sump for me, and I’m looking to have a pump ready to install when it gets here. Two questions:

1) Since the product is manufactured by an Australian company, all plumbing is measured in mm (someone in a review on Algae Barn was annoyed by this). But I can’t find an online manual or info on the plumbing. Are all of the major pump manufactures going to be able to attach to the Cade plumbing out of the box? Or will I need an adapter?

2) Can you recommend a GPH on a pump? The system volume is 98 gallons and the pump will have ~3.5 foot vertical climb with 3 90-degree turns. I plan to use the tank as a softy reef tank initially and will use it as a supporting frag tank for a future system assuming I stay in the hobby. I’ll probably go with Sicce, so maybe someone can recommend something from their lineup or another brand you like.
 
Some pumps have adapters and sicce is one of them. I'd say go with the sdc 6.0 or 7.0. You'll want the ability to go up to 10x turnover rate an hour but probably only run 5x. So 98gal x10 is 980gph. With head height the 7.0 or 6.0 will do 5x without going full power (to save life of pump). Here's the info for the sicce sdc 7.0
Screenshot_20231204_230919_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20231204_230906_Chrome.jpg
 
And of course the performance curve with head height. Determine the head height and follow the line and that will tell you how many gph (or close to) it will run.
Screenshot_20231204_231503_Chrome.jpg
 
Fwiw, Just been setting up my plumbing on my cade 1800 last night and the hose that came with doesnt quite fit the m2 vectra. Looks like I need an adapter of sorts to get the sizing right.
 
Fwiw, Just been setting up my plumbing on my cade 1800 last night and the hose that came with doesnt quite fit the m2 vectra. Looks like I need an adapter of sorts to get the sizing right.
Thanks for the heads up, and glad you asked as I’ve seen a possible solution for you from a YouTuber (Parker’s Reef) who also set up an M2 Vectra on a CADE. Great channel to follow as there are some amazing Australian tanks (including his dream tank), fish stores, etc. and he does a great job showing them off and interviewing the owners.

Check out ~minute 17:30 of this video for his solution for the Vectra.
 
Thanks for the heads up, and glad you asked as I’ve seen a possible solution for you from a YouTuber (Parker’s Reef) who also set up an M2 Vectra on a CADE. Great channel to follow as there are some amazing Australian tanks (including his dream tank), fish stores, etc. and he does a great job showing them off and interviewing the owners.

Check out ~minute 17:30 of this video for his solution for the Vectra.

Thank you for this, I do follow this and had forgotten this video!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new