Room air fresheners

wgregww

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So with the holiday approaching are the plug in oil air fresheners safe if they are in another room for a FOWLR tank?

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I (well my wife technically) has two of the wax warmers in the same room as my tanks and upstairs every room has one of the plug in oil air fresheners and I’ve never had it cause an issue with my tanks.

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm kinda weird, if I can smell it I don't want it close to my tanks because I figure something is in the air or I wouldn't be able to smell it right? All of our laundry stuff is enclosed in a tote because I could smell it when I went to the basement where my sump is. I just tell my Gal I'm paranoid and if something bad happens to a tank and I can't explain why it's one less thing I have to blame it on so she concedes.

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm kinda weird, if I can smell it I don't want it close to my tanks because I figure something is in the air or I wouldn't be able to smell it right? All of our laundry stuff is enclosed in a tote because I could smell it when I went to the basement where my sump is. I just tell my Gal I'm paranoid and if something bad happens to a tank and I can't explain why it's one less thing I have to blame it on so she concedes.
I agree that if you can smell it there has to be something that is in the air. My big difference is that my wife did not concede. I would prefer not to have them, but I figured if it hasn’t hurt anything in years it probably won’t now and isn’t worth arguing over.
I also used to have a lfs many years ago who sprayed so much air freshener that it would smell incredibly strong when you would walk in and it never seemed to hurt anything.

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would be more worried about the humans breathing that stuff in...cut up a lemon and stick in a bowl.

Figuring out the why: Has your primary reason(s) for keeping a saltwater aquarium changed over time?

• My reasons for reef keeping have changed dramatically.

Votes: 12 9.2%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have somewhat evolved.

Votes: 56 43.1%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have no changed.

Votes: 61 46.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back