OP
agame2021

agame2021

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What light are you going to get?
For now I am going to stick with what I got until I can use a par meter and test it out. Then if I need more I will probably save up for the Neptune sky or a radion of some sort. The sky is probably my preference just because of the work they have put into it to blend the lights and all that. Plus I eventually want to get an apex system for when I upgrade my tank. I am thinking of building a 12 ft long 2 ft tall 3 ft wide tank.(I need a house that I am not going to move it from first.)

Colton.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome. I'm planing my first tank what is the cost of a tank this big?

troypt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had the same Sherman RBTA since 2006 I ve used metal halides, DIY LEDs, and now ocean revives. It’s fine great under all of them

OP
OP
agame2021

agame2021

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome. I'm planing my first tank what is the cost of a tank this big?
I got my tank used because I wanted to see if it was something I wanted or not. The bigger you go the easier it becomes to keep balance in the tank. That is what they told me anyways. I bought a big chunk of my set up for $900. It came with 150 gallon tank, stand, lights, sump, return, fully plumbed(which would have been a nightmare for my first tank to figure out), BRS dual reactor(which I am not using rn), bio cube, 100 lbs of live rock, a 20 gallon trash can of sand that was in the tank, 2 ro/di set up trash cans, a net, like 8 filter socks, a 15-20 gallon ATO tank(had to buy an ATO separately), 2 Nicrew lights, 3 jaboa wave makers(different sizes), a magnet glass scraper, couple extension cords with splitters, suction cup handles to move the tank, and a few other things…
Honestly I got it for a steal!!! Since then I picked up a 1/3 hp chiller (I live in the hot Arizona desert) $300. An ATO off Amazon $60. A 5 stage Ro/DI system (I think it was) $250 off Amazon. A couple of meds and food $100. Some instant ocean reef crystals(everybody has a proffered brand I don’t yet because I have only ever used this) $120 so far. A couple of fish $350 (purple fire fish goby, one spot foxface rabbitfish, black frostbite clownfish, and a frostbite clownfish. I found someone giving away anemones for free paid $123.98 for shipping. I spent another $400 on Hanna instruments testers got like 5-6 different ones. And I believe that is about it.
Not the cheapest but I am working on making all of it upgradeable to my new tank once I get it! I am shooting for a clownfish harem tank with a couple of tangs to keep algae in line. So we shall see how this plays out.

Grsfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I’ve had my rbta for 4 years under viparspectra leds and they are happy. I have them on 60 blue and 10 white
0A2663E6-7434-44F8-8A7F-6B97E91FDD1C.png

hexumjunkie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went from 1 to hundred's and then one day they all shrivled up and have been little for months. I changed absolutley nothing and kept the same maitnence schedule. So who know?

Fishkeeping

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep thanks all! You guys are an awesome group! This has helped a ton! Now begins the waiting to see how they do.
Hey, I have a nicrew 100w led, lol I have the same questions as you... So how did your bta do?? I want to do a bta setup also but don't wonna waste money if I have the wrong light.

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, I have a nicrew 100w led, lol I have the same questions as you... So how did your bta do?? I want to do a bta setup also but don't wonna waste money if I have the wrong light.

I've kept them under black boxes, radions, hydras, and currently Noopsyche K7 v3. IMO they aren't picky but they like quite a bit if light. Mine sit under 300-400 par and do very well. For me tank maturity is very important. Mine split a lot when the tank was younger. I started with 3 and had 49 at one point. I have 5 now that are very large when fully inflated and haven't split in years.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back