Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
EC087B89-1B32-4EDD-B0F1-5A8780920842.jpeg
4261C4DC-28C5-43D5-BBFB-96CEEC90FADA.jpeg
Hello ,
I apologize if I am posting this thread in the wrong location .

I few months ago I acquired a sickly Mandrin Goby from a friend . He said it was not eating and basically he was starving it as the pet store he bought it from told him to feed it pellets.
So long and short of this is I purchased a starting culture kit of copeopods and added some of the purchased culture into my 16 Biocube . Unfortunately the goby passed away and eventually I passed on my culture to another friend that had just bought a mandrin Goby.
My problem now is I have a huge population of what I believe are Rotifers in the 16 Biocube, I am not sure how or if I should be removing them and if so how ? I have been using a turkey baster when doing water changes but they keep coming back. I am likely slightly over feeding in the tank and I’m sure that is not helping.
I also just acquired 2 very small juvenile panda goby s that are in a quarantine tank so I will be starting another copeopod culture later today.
Thanks for any and all reply’s :)

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 22.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 58 33.9%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 54 31.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.3%
Back