Rotifer Identification ?

  • Thread starter Thread starter zoso
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

zoso

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 20, 2018
Messages
69
Reaction score
88
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
EC087B89-1B32-4EDD-B0F1-5A8780920842.jpeg
4261C4DC-28C5-43D5-BBFB-96CEEC90FADA.jpeg
Hello ,
I apologize if I am posting this thread in the wrong location .

I few months ago I acquired a sickly Mandrin Goby from a friend . He said it was not eating and basically he was starving it as the pet store he bought it from told him to feed it pellets.
So long and short of this is I purchased a starting culture kit of copeopods and added some of the purchased culture into my 16 Biocube . Unfortunately the goby passed away and eventually I passed on my culture to another friend that had just bought a mandrin Goby.
My problem now is I have a huge population of what I believe are Rotifers in the 16 Biocube, I am not sure how or if I should be removing them and if so how ? I have been using a turkey baster when doing water changes but they keep coming back. I am likely slightly over feeding in the tank and I’m sure that is not helping.
I also just acquired 2 very small juvenile panda goby s that are in a quarantine tank so I will be starting another copeopod culture later today.
Thanks for any and all reply’s :)
 
Ok , upon googling I need to order a few Chelidonura varians .

Thank you
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 45 33.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.4%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.4%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new