Rowaphos and carbon in the same reactor

LxHowler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I am aware that this isn't the best or most efficient way to run both carbon and rowaphos but I broke one of my reactors earlier and can't get a new one quickly so I was wondering if this idea would work as a temporary solution.
I know that carbon and rowaphos ideally have different flows and lifespans but this is only a temporary solution. Any other was or should I just throw the carbon in a filter bag.
Normally I wouldn't worry about running carbon for a little while but I have some soft corals of the way and I always like to run carbon when I first add them the reduce chemical warfare. Any ideas are welcome
daed4283-f55b-414a-9971-b751fd7769b0.png

OP
OP
LxHowler

LxHowler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can’t see why not as you realise they have different exhaust rates but as long as the carbon isn’t tumbling and the rowa is should be ok but not that economical
Yeah the carbon tumbling is why I thought about adding a sponge in between the carbon and rowaphos to hold the carbon in place and let the rowaphos move. Thanks just wanted a second opinion

AfaceInTheCrowd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s fine to do so, just not that economical as they have different exhaust rates.. tumbling carbon is bad as it grinds away causing fines to get in the water column which is suspected as a link to HLLE

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 20.0%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 47 36.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back