Rowaphos and carbon in the same reactor

LxHowler

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 2, 2020
Messages
332
Reaction score
269
Location
Midlands, England
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I am aware that this isn't the best or most efficient way to run both carbon and rowaphos but I broke one of my reactors earlier and can't get a new one quickly so I was wondering if this idea would work as a temporary solution.
I know that carbon and rowaphos ideally have different flows and lifespans but this is only a temporary solution. Any other was or should I just throw the carbon in a filter bag.
Normally I wouldn't worry about running carbon for a little while but I have some soft corals of the way and I always like to run carbon when I first add them the reduce chemical warfare. Any ideas are welcome
daed4283-f55b-414a-9971-b751fd7769b0.png
 
Can’t see why not as you realise they have different exhaust rates but as long as the carbon isn’t tumbling and the rowa is should be ok but not that economical
 
Can’t see why not as you realise they have different exhaust rates but as long as the carbon isn’t tumbling and the rowa is should be ok but not that economical
Yeah the carbon tumbling is why I thought about adding a sponge in between the carbon and rowaphos to hold the carbon in place and let the rowaphos move. Thanks just wanted a second opinion
 
It’s fine to do so, just not that economical as they have different exhaust rates.. tumbling carbon is bad as it grinds away causing fines to get in the water column which is suspected as a link to HLLE
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 8.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new