Royal Basslet

  • Thread starter Thread starter Tjlance1
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Tjlance1

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 1, 2019
Messages
9
Reaction score
4
What state or country do you live in
Massachusetts
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased a Royal Basslet lat weekend. He is very shy and likes to hide behind the return flow cup of the HOB protein skimmer. The odd thing about him is that he rarely swims straight A's in parrallel to the tank. He seems.mostly to prefer being on his side or "hanging" straight up and down. When it come to feeding time he definitely straightens out is quick as a bullet to get food. Should I be concerned? Otherwise his appetite, and color are normal and he spends a lot of time watching them other fish.
 
IMG_20191222_124945.jpg

I forgot to post a pic..Thai is how he mostly swims when he comes out of hiding.
 
Sounds normal. They love to hide and in Wild they are seen hovering vertical. Mine barely comes out of rocks. Should be good
 
One of our favorites , we have a full size adult , they do that alot. he likes to wedge himself inbetween the heater and such . Also claimed the rockwork of and entire side of the tank lil bugger , he is the grumpy old man of the tank 100% I wish you much enjoyment with your new basslet , dont ever add another one .........
 
Perfectly normal behavior. They orient to structure rather than gravity/buoyancy. They can be pretty shy but usually get more comfortable.
 
Sounds like my yellow assessor. Never see him/her. When I do it is always upside down under a rock, cave, or peaking out of its home.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 42.9%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new