Royal Gramma & Gold Assessor?

ericd545

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey y’all, I’m planning a 75 sps dominated peninsula reef! I decided to put only nano fish in because I like the way it makes the dimensions look. Ive done tons of research and want there to be no fish violence! All peaceful. Basically want to know how well Royal Grammas and Gold Assessor Basslets will get along? I will have a ridiculous amount of caves btw. I really want this tank to be as peaceful as possible. Thanks.

OP
OP
E

ericd545

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Should be ok with one of each.
Thanks, yeah what I’m seeing is they are aggressive about their own territory, but in general will play nice, especially if the tank is bigger. I do wonder how it works though regarding if these two species naturally will fight, because they are related but they might just be distant enough species to not be that way.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, yeah what I’m seeing is they are aggressive about their own territory, but in general will play nice, especially if the tank is bigger. I do wonder how it works though regarding if these two species naturally will fight, because they are related but they might just be distant enough species to not be that way.
It can also vary depending on the specific fish, ie: some are very laid-back and relaxed while others are high-strung.

bnord

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Adeed at the same time, and small when they arrive I think you’ll be OK. I have a gramma and a black capped basslet in the same tank. I characterize a gramma as being pugnacious, but not overtly aggressive. It doesn’t take any grief but doesn’t terrorize other fish. As other people have said it also depends on the individual

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 86 76.1%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 10 8.8%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 15 13.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.8%
Back