Royal gramma in bad shape

think he’s a goner
That’s sad to hear.
When things change that fast, and only affects one fish, I assume attack.
The gramma will defend its spot diligently.
But usually there’s evidence of damage.
I do see “something” on the left eye, but too fuzzy to be sure.

Keep us posted.
 
Last edited:
That’s sad to hear.
When things change that fast, and only affects one fish, I assume attack.
The gramma will defend its spot diligently.
But usually there’s evidence of damage.
I do see “something” on the left eye, but too fuzzy to be sure.

Keep us posted.
siphoning the sand bed and removing lots of algae caused an ammonia spike and yeah i’ve checked and he’s not breathing anymore and his head has gone a bit red.
 
siphoning the sand bed and removing lots of algae caused an ammonia spike and yeah i’ve checked and he’s not breathing anymore and his head has gone a bit red.
Have you pulled him?
Was there damage?
 
I am still very new to this but I thought you mentioned “almost upside down” if so do RG have a swim bladder? I’ve had freshwater fish do this. Not sure what the fix is.
 
I am still very new to this but I thought you mentioned “almost upside down” if so do RG have a swim bladder? I’ve had freshwater fish do this. Not sure what the fix is.
he had already passed i’m pretty sure, he was laying on his side pretty far turned over
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 24.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new