Royal Gramma sickness

Angus1989

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This afternoon my Gramma moved to the corner of my tank and was laying there at 45°. Not much movement, not really rubbing itself on sand, breathing normally (?), not being scared when hands were near it outside the glass. Also not eating or interested in food.

Typical behaviour is sitting in a cave/hole in the rock due to my flame hawkfish being a dick.

Only thing different is yesterday I started dosing reef revolution amino blast. Today I removed a spaghetti worm but didn't get it the first go so not sure if it would have stung/messed with the Gramma as it was near its cave.

Hawkfish and two clowns are unperturbed by anything. All inverts and starfish likewise doing fine. Waterbox Peninsula Mini 25. Parameters in photos.

Flukes? Other ideas?
1000007577.jpg
1000007583.png
1000007585.jpg

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This afternoon my Gramma moved to the corner of my tank and was laying there at 45°. Not much movement, not really rubbing itself on sand, breathing normally (?), not being scared when hands were near it outside the glass. Also not eating or interested in food.

Typical behaviour is sitting in a cave/hole in the rock due to my flame hawkfish being a dick.

Only thing different is yesterday I started dosing reef revolution amino blast. Today I removed a spaghetti worm but didn't get it the first go so not sure if it would have stung/messed with the Gramma as it was near its cave.

Hawkfish and two clowns are unperturbed by anything. All inverts and starfish likewise doing fine. Waterbox Peninsula Mini 25. Parameters in photos.

Flukes? Other ideas?
1000007577.jpg
1000007583.png
1000007585.jpg

It could be flukes. If you want, you can post a full problem report in the fish disease section and the fish medics will take a look at your case:

Jay

GratefulDad1968

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Howdy Angus, there was a post earlier of a similar situation from NanoMixer. He, too,
Removed a spaghetti worm (a mistake in my opinion, as they are beneficial reef dwellers). He found some research that they can release a toxin when injured. Good news: after a bit his fish recouped just fine. I suggest you look into his post (just type “spaghetti worm” in the search bar). Maybe even get in touch with him about anything he did or an update. Best of luck! Keep us posted.

OP
OP
A

Angus1989

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Howdy Angus, there was a post earlier of a similar situation from NanoMixer. He, too,
Removed a spaghetti worm (a mistake in my opinion, as they are beneficial reef dwellers). He found some research that they can release a toxin when injured. Good news: after a bit his fish recouped just fine. I suggest you look into his post (just type “spaghetti worm” in the search bar). Maybe even get in touch with him about anything he did or an update. Best of luck! Keep us posted.
Amazing, thank you very much. Great coincidence to have such a similar situation.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 27 15.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 13.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 101 57.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.8%
Back