Royal Gramma tail turning white

Breakingdawn81

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,
Last night I noticed that my Royal Gramma has a white area between its tail fin and body. Today it seemed to be more pronounced. Just wondering if anyone has seen this? There's one other post I found on here, but that RG died... lfs thinks it might be an infection, but suggested fresh water dip incase it's flukes. The problem with that is it's a very hard fish to catch since it darts to its cave the second a net touches the surface. Lfs said that we can't buy fish meds off the shelf here in Canada - only option is to *try* buying from the States.
These are the best images I could get.
BFAABA2E-77DF-4DD0-B84E-597231452A15.jpeg
0FEF1D4E-9117-42B2-B7C4-019ED4F2C038.jpeg

OP
OP
Breakingdawn81

Breakingdawn81

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update: Royal Gramma stopped eating, and is hiding in a different hole than its normal cave. I don't expect it to live much longer.

Steph72

Tang Mom
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update: Royal Gramma stopped eating, and is hiding in a different hole than its normal cave. I don't expect it to live much longer.
I’m so sorry about your little one - it’s so frustrating watching them decline. Sending you lots of good vibes and hoping he pulls through.

OP
OP
Breakingdawn81

Breakingdawn81

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m so sorry about your little one - it’s so frustrating watching them decline. Sending you lots of good vibes and hoping he pulls through.
Thanks! It's sad because I've only had her for a month, and kind of got attached. I enjoyed watching her diva like personality, lol. Also, it's really frustrating that there aren't meds available in Canada for fish - I'm guessing 'fish vets' might have access, but there's no way I'd run up a vet bill for a fish either. Fish/coral store said they just have to take the losses too, since it's hard to get meds into Canada. It's different when they're 'pets' though. I don't think I could have caught her to treat her anyway though!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back