Royal Gramma throwing sand around

  • Thread starter Thread starter Thunderrap
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Thunderrap

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 2, 2020
Messages
330
Reaction score
215
What state or country do you live in
Georgia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So for the past, I would say, a month now my Royal Gramma is scooping up some sand in his mouth, swimming over a little zoa island, and spitting it out all over the place. What would cause a fish to do that and how do I get it to stop? I have to blow off some zoa's and a trumpet coral I have on there all the time and I fear it's causing some issues with them.
 
Not uncommon. Might try building it a cave of some sort.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new