RR Avengers Acro

BillyC

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've seen several sold in the past few week and I'm wondering if it looks as good as the pictures. Let's see pics of this acro!

darryl_v

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know a few people with frags and they seem to dull out a bit as frags....good grower though. The mother colony is definitely one of those rare gems.......one of the nicest Ive seen in a long time.

dknuckles

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not the Avenger but I have a colony w/exact growth structure and coloration but not red polyps. It is gorgeous! 3rd favorite acro in my collection

If it receives high light color will fade fast, especially the metallic aspect!! Mine keeps best coloration in lower levels of light (LED par 100-125ish)
Please pass to the others, colors will improve

64Ivy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll be receiving a frag about a month from now, after grow out. If I can still find this thread and the piece successfully adapts, I'll be sure to post a chronicle. Any more husbandry tips?

OP
OP
BillyC

BillyC

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not the Avenger but I have a colony w/exact growth structure and coloration but not red polyps. It is gorgeous! 3rd favorite acro in my collection

If it receives high light color will fade fast, especially the metallic aspect!! Mine keeps best coloration in lower levels of light (LED par 100-125ish)
Please pass to the others, colors will improve

Ok man gotta ask... Top 5 acros?

Studjunior

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He's my piece that I got directly from Jay at Reef Raft Canada before it was called RR Avenger. I'm getting some nice growth this it has nothing like the coloration that was on the mother colony. The green base has faded a bit to a more yellowish tone. I'm hoping it will regain it's color as it grows more. Definitely an awesome piece. Enjoy!!!
DPP_0004.jpg

M&M

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got mine frag yesterday from SexyCorals that I bought when they posted for sale couple of weeks ago.It come all brown,with just a little blue on tips.About 1/2 in.. It has PE, but will wait to see if it colors up in few weeks. I will post pictures and updates every few weeks.So far not impressed,but it might turn out to be a great buy.

Here it is top down

RRAvengers.jpg

MattL22

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd be very disappointed if I paid $250 and that's the frag I got ! It's tiny and will take yrs too grow out !! Good luck with it

M&M

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not going to say I am not disappointed,but this is not a bashing SexyCorals thread. I am fully aware of buying corals on line and its risks. With all the great things said about SexyCorals I took a chance on them. Not sure if I'll do it again. Like I said let's wait and see how this frag develops.You will get accurate and true updates every few weeks.

Tabasco1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for posting pics! It'd be great if you could post progression pics. Definately one of the sickest acros I've seen and would love to see if it develops back the color of the mother. If so it will be high on collectors lists!

I know it is common for frags to lose color from stress of fragging/changing system.

Does anybody know how long mother was in captivity before it was fragged/sold?

darryl_v

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure how long the mother has been in captivity but I have been staring at it for a few months anyway.....amazingly metalic with pink polyps.

RR (canada) has a tendancy to be able to color up wild corals like no other but I have high hopes for this one and it does seem to be hardy and good grower.....lets hope the color is easy to obtain from system to system.....than we are set for a classic.

RKLion

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure how long the mother has been in captivity but I have been staring at it for a few months anyway.....amazingly metalic with pink polyps.

RR (canada) has a tendancy to be able to color up wild corals like no other but I have high hopes for this one and it does seem to be hardy and good grower.....lets hope the color is easy to obtain from system to system.....than we are set for a classic.

I have also been staring at the mother at RR Canada and its sweet... so I got a frag from J...its brown, for now. But it is encrusting quickly. Will post when there is something worth looking at.

DJE

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got mine frag yesterday from SexyCorals that I bought when they posted for sale couple of weeks ago.It come all brown,with just a little blue on tips.About 1/2 in.. It has PE, but will wait to see if it colors up in few weeks. I will post pictures and updates every few weeks.So far not impressed,but it might turn out to be a great buy.

Any updated pics Mark? Would like to see now this is turning out.

tropicaltrav

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not going to say I am not disappointed,but this is not a bashing SexyCorals thread. I am fully aware of buying corals on line and its risks. With all the great things said about SexyCorals I took a chance on them. Not sure if I'll do it again. Like I said let's wait and see how this frag develops.You will get accurate and true updates every few weeks.
this always happens when the coral is shipped.. dont worry it will color up..

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 19.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 13 16.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 39 50.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 10.4%
Back