RR Avengers Acro

sportzfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pink jade is green base with pink highlights and this looks to be green base with red polyps and purple tips/corallites.

watchguy123

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone actually seen one colored up? Has anyone seen the colored up mother? No doubting it exists, just curious if anyone has seen those beautiful colors in person.

darryl_v

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know a few people with frags and they seem to dull out a bit as frags....good grower though. The mother colony is definitely one of those rare gems.......one of the nicest Ive seen in a long time.

Has anyone actually seen one colored up? Has anyone seen the colored up mother? No doubting it exists, just curious if anyone has seen those beautiful colors in person.
Only the 2nd post in the thread. The mother has been residing in RR canada but I think some or all of it might be heading south.

spsboss

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have this pice comming in tomorrow I will be more then glad to drop some photos of the this pice.

Killer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Avengers.jpg
Here is mine 1 week after I got it!

SteezySPS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
loks like a pink jade to me with a hefty price tag
pink jade looks more like a strawberry shortcake but with green base. here's a reefraft picture showing how nice this acro is. I think its one of those acros (e.g. Nana) that lose their color easily after fragging or new environment but mine is coloring up pretty nicely.
photo.jpg

slojmn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had the pink jade for years, a large colony, and I don't think the RR Avenger is similar. My piece is still to small to see the potential but compared to the pink jade, very different.

Nice picture above. I think this could be one of those corals that really develops its most awesomeness potential when it gets to be larger. Frags look pretty regular but I am betting that as it grows it really develops some stellar colors...at least I'm hoping so :).

SteezySPS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
mine is looking more blue from the top view and the base is turning in to a mettallic green on some parts. I have high hopes for this one as I have seen the polyps are a legit pinkish red color and not the brown that looks red from lighting and camera

darryl_v

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is a pretty accurate picture from what I have seen. Yes I agree that this is like a tri-color acro in terms of losing its colour as a frag.

spsboss

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just ordered mine form reef rafts and I am excited about it comming next week.

When i get the frag in I will post up

watchguy123

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't believe it unless I see it. Somewhere, someone must have a current photo of the colony or frag.... Show us your pictures. I really want to see it in its glory.

cymaster007

Ex-Socal Resident
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't believe it unless I see it. Somewhere, someone must have a current photo of the colony or frag.... Show us your pictures. I really want to see it in its glory.

I agree, with that price tag I want to know what the frag looks likes w stable parameters after 6 mo.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

Ike

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I saw the original colony in Toronto a few days ago. It's an impressive piece, but not quite as showy as all the top down and slightly doctored photos would have you think. I've got some photos, but they were taken with an iphone so not even really worth posting.

darryl_v

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a colony shot from RR Canada folks. They posted it on our local forum. This is what you can expect (not altered and pretty real to life)......but I have actually seen it slightly better too. They have been fragging it a lot and even broke it in half or more and than shipped it to RRUSA. Anyway it is definitely nice and unique. Yellow to green body....light blue to purple tips and red/pink polyps.

avenger.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
BillyC

BillyC

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the most accurate looking picture I've seen. Nice! But no Red Dragon (when it first hit the scene) in my opinion. So I'll wait for the price tag to drop a bit. If its like other tricolors it should be a good grower.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 14 29.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 18 38.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 11 23.4%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 3 6.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.1%
Back