RR Fuzzy Navel Coloration

cloud9aquariums

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 18, 2017
Messages
116
Reaction score
100
Location
Rochester
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20230415_222818.jpg


Hey fellow stick heads! I snagged an awesome piece of Fuzzy Navel and would love to know what conditions you've found help yours keep that bright yellow coloration! I fully expect mine to brown out as it settles into my higher nutrient system and but would love to hear what lighting intensity and flow you've found it likes so i can help it bounce back quickly. I have a feeling the spot I have it in may be blocking some flow as I'm losing intensity of the yellow on the inside vs the outside which is getting more flow.
20230509_214351.jpg

(Photo is 3 weeks after introducing it)

Also any other fun facts about it are welcome! Thanks in advance!
 
Good call!

Salinity 1.026 (Milwaukee)
pH 8.0-8.4 (hanna not currently working but it was ranging in this zone)
Alk 8.5
Ca 400
Mg 1320
Po4 0.05-0.07
No3 54
Par290

I'm doing monthly ICP's and Moonshiners.

Nutrient control is Tropic Marin Bacto-Balance (or whichever carbon dosing is needed based on my po4) and an ICECAP Algea Turf Scrubber
 
Last edited:
Good call!

Salinity 1.026 (Milwaukee)
pH 8.0-8.4 (hanna not currently working but it was ranging in this zone)
Alk 8.5
Ca 400
Mg 1320
Po4 0.05-0.07
No3 54
Par290

I'm doing monthly ICP's and Moonshiners.

Nutrient control is Tropic Marin Bacto-Balance (or whichever carbon dosing is needed based on my po4) and an ICECAP Algea Turf Scrubber
CA could be better at 420 or so. perhaps some trace elements are lacking as well
 
Yeah agreed! I'm raising my calcium currently by adjusting my kalk to two part dosing and its slowly rising. I had more alk vs calcium intake for awhile so it's been a test and adjust game.

Due to monthly icp's and being on the moonshiners program I'm pretty confident my trace is spot on.

Like I said, it's a new piece and I expected it to brown out as it transitions to my system parameters. All my other acros are rockin and rollin just curious what others with this one are finding it likes as a sweet spot.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 4.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new